Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Instrumentals

So, sometimes I write songs, plan them out and have them more or less composed before I start recording. Other times I just sit down in front of a microphone and start making noise. Then I grab another instrument and lay down another track, until I've got something I like listening to.

I don't remember the exact circumstances of any of these three instrumental pieces, but I'd wager a guess that they were recorded in winter, late at night or early in the morning, on a night when I couldn't or didn't want to sleep. Hash oil might have had something to do with it too.


Catnip by fingerpickingood

1 comment:

janice said...

I listened to all three - enjoyed them. My opinion is not educated. But, I LOVE your profile photo. Better than the Google Streetview shot of your truck - poor truck. The thought of its demise makes me sad.